Thursday, September 25, 2014

Setting Another Hottie Afire - Welcome to the Hotseat, Gina Reddin


 
Gina Reddin,

http://www.splintersandthreads.com/little-mermaids

After a brief summer hiatus, the Hottie Hotseat series continues today with Gina Reddin, Machine Embroidery Designer, Online-Shop Owner, and Quilt Designer.

Name:  Gina Reddin
 Business Name/Title: Splinters & Threads
 Location: Live in TX but you can find me on the net:  www.splintersandthreads.com
 # Years in Business:  13
 Current Quilt project: I'm currently working on digitizing embroidery designs that match fabric from the ADORNit lines.


I had to share her logo because it may be the cutest ever. Click to head to her shop!
I'm particularly excited to introduce Gina today as the "Two for Teal" swap has been heavy with machine embroiderers and is inspiring many quilters to give it a try, so how fun that Gina might be able to provide some cool patterns to some newbies!
 
http://www.splintersandthreads.com/floral-circles-corners
If I came to your house unannounced, could you give me a tour of your 
studio, or would it be such a disaster you would make up an excuse as to 
why we couldn’t go in?  
Good luck getting in the door ;)  There is a reason in my signature line it says:  "Remember me not for the condition of my home but by the love contained in its walls." 


http://www.splintersandthreads.com/dazzling-peacocks
What was the worst job you ever had? 
When I was in the Navy I worked in transient barracks (much like a hotel).  For 3 months I had to count the sheets in 5 of the (male) barracks to send to the cleaner.  ICK!  Boys can sure be disgusting.
  
What is your favorite meal to feed your family when you are desperately 
trying to meet a deadline?  
That's what I call "Fender" nights.  Because they have to fend for themselves.

Are you more likely to sing or to dance while quilting? 
http://www.splintersandthreads.com/dazzling-peacocks
  Sing.  I love to sing!!  I play the keyboard for our church but like singing best.  I'm not great but can definitely make a joyful noise ;)

 What is the nerdiest thing about you?  I LOVE my computer.  My kids & hubby come to me when they need computer advice.

Favorite places you ever lived  Japan and Hawaii (2 years at each)

Something she didn't tell you - Gina has five kids. I'm always a little bit in awe of women who keep it all together with more than three!











http://www.splintersandthreads.com/in-the-jungle


I love that Gina's designs are so bright and fun, and also that she doesn't seem to have just one style. If you need cute, she's got it. If you need sophisticated, she's got it. If you need inspirational or funny, those are there too. I hope you'll head on over to Splinters and Threads and consider trying some machine embroidery, especially if you already own the machine but don't know what to do with it. You know I'm talking to at least a few of you!

Thank you, Gina, for agreeing to be my latest hotseater!


1 comment:

Michelle Banton said...

Glad Gina made it to the Hot Seat! She's a great person and a great artist. If I had an embroidery machine, I would own a lot of her designs. But she also has hand carved blocks for stamping fabric and quilt templates. She's no one-hit wonder.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...