Wednesday, March 18, 2015

That's My Jam


"Hey Mom, I think we're out of jam."

"Oh, don't worry, I'm doing five lectures over the next three weeks. I'm sure we'll be restocked soon."
 "Yes, I guess we will."

It's definitely crunch time around here as I'm getting prepped to do more lectures in a shorter amount of time than I ever thought possible (five in three weeks, nine in seven weeks, good Lord in heaven I am insane) and at the same time trying to finish several patterns I really had hoped to have done by now. And then Paige hits me with the news that we are about to run out of jam. How much more can a girl take?

In most households, this would mean a quick trip to the store. In ours, it just means waiting to see first if the guilds gift me with jam. Because for whatever reason, about 40% of the time, I'm given jam as a special thank you gift by either the entire guild or an appreciative member of the guild when I show up to do a lecture. Sound weird? Maybe. Sound awesome? Of course it does. Because who doesn't love homemade jam? I've been given blueberry, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, various medleys of all four and some with a splash of rhubarb thrown in. I made a particularly amazing appetizer with some hot pepper jelly I was given once, although the girls were less than impressed with that particular offering, but who asked them? Did they give the presentation and deserve the special parting gift? No. Did I want to share the appetizer anyway? Heck no.

Want some jam making tips? - visit Nana Clare's Kitchen blog
I love my job. I love that it comes with more benefits than I ever imagined, and some, like jam, that I never would have guessed.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...